Keto Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe
Creamy, soft and sweet, this Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe is the healthiest matcha ice cream recipe you'll ever make. Made without any dairy, eggs or sugar, you can easily make this matcha ice cream recipe with or without an ice cream maker.
Prep Time10 mins
Chill Time4 hrs 30 mins
Total Time4 hrs 40 mins
Servings: 8 servings
Freeze your ice cream maker overnight. Make sure it's completely frozen and you can't hear any splashing sounds inside.
Place all of the ice cream ingredients into a blender and mix for 30-60 seconds.
Transfer the ice cream batter into a Tupperware and cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
Pour the ice cream batter into your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instruction. I personally used the ice cream maker attachment from Kitchenaid. It took about 25 minutes to make soft serve matcha.NO ICE CREAM MAKER?Simply add the ice cream batter to a large container and freeze for 8 hours. Every hour, take it out of the freezer and mix well with a hand mixer or spatula to break the ice crystals.
Eat now or transfer to individual Tupperwares to freeze.
When ready to serve, take out the Tupperware, leave it on the counter for 10-15 minutes to thaw a little and then eat.
- Here are the sweetener options you can use for this recipe:
- 1/2 cup (70g) powdered erythritol + 1/4 tsp stevia extract powder
- 1/2 cup (70g) powdered erythritol + 1/4 tsp monk fruit extract powder
- 1/2 cup (70g) powdered xylitol
- 1/2 tsp - 3/4 tsp stevia extract powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or maple sugar for paleo option
- Make sure that your ice cream bowl is completely frozen and you can't hear any splashing sounds before using.
- Make sure that your matcha green tea ice cream batter is cold before pouring in the ice cream maker. If your batter is warm or hot, the ice cream maker will melt right away and the churning won't work.
- Make sure to mix all of the ice cream ingredients together using a blender to avoid getting matcha "flour" bumps inside the ice cream batter.
- Make sure to use full-fat coconut milk. Low fat will make your green tea ice cream very icy.
- Make sure to use matcha powder and not green tea powder. They're not the same and taste very different.
- Instead of pistachio butter, you can use any other kind of nut butter. For a nut free option, you can use sunflower or pumpkin seed butter.
- Instead of xanthan gum, you can use guar gum.
- Instead of coconut milk, you can use heavy cream in equal amounts.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.43g | Protein: 4.62g | Fat: 25.72g | Saturated Fat: 16.11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4.03g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 2.42g | NET CARBS: 4.93g